We operate four propagation beacons using the WA4FC/B callsign on 28.231, 50.078, 144.280 and 432.300 MHz to assist us and other amateurs with the study of propagation on the ten and six meter amateur bands. If you have heard us, send a beacon reception report at this link.
Here are links that can help you learn more about our stations:
- Technical specs on the 6m and 10m beacon hardware.
- Pictures of those beacons can be found here.
- Listen to a sound clip of WA4FC/B on 28.231 MHz, heard by Terry Rogers WA4BVY who is located in Chapel Hill, NC on 9/2/2009.
- More details on both of the beacons can be found here.
- Other beacons in FM17 can be found here.
We always appreciate your reports, posts to the DX cluster and QSL cards for reception reports as we contribute to the study of propagation on these two great bands. The current suite of beacons were designed and built by N4MW. Thanks go to many people who have contributed to our beacon projects over the years including W4GNE, KG4SNN, WB4KXS, KG4YJB and KI4BWJ.